Former Chairman & Managing Director of Canara Bank
Partner & Advisor to Group CEO
45+ years experience in banking
Background and Experience
- Prof. Dubey is M.A. (English Literature), LLB, CAIIB, MBA (HR) and has done a PG Level Course in Development Banking from Victoria University of Manchester, UK and also attended a course at Christ’s College, Cambridge University. He has recently completed his PHd in 2021. Prof. Dubey worked as Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of Canara Bank from Jan, 2013 to Sept, 2014. He held the Office of Executive Director (ED) of Central Bank of India from Sept, 2010 to Jan, 2013. He started his banking career with Punjab National Bank (PNB) from Nov, 1977 as a Management Trainee and rose to the level of General Manager (GM) in March 2008 after working at different levels both in operations and administration across India.
- During his tenure in Canara Bank, he turned around the bank in less than two years by galvanizing the entire staff of the Bank, turning focus on Retail banking, SME banking and technological advancements. Marketing vertical was setup by him to leverage the technology and boost the fee income of the Bank. His focus on asset quality, CASA and fee income improvement led to tremendous business growth and involvement of all staff. This has been recognized by Ivey Business School in the form of a case study, being taught globally (https://www.iveycases.com/ProductView.aspx?id=69925) . His leadership style has also been captured and researched by Late Padma Prof. Dr. Pritam Singh in his book – ‘The Leadership Odyssey – From Darkness to Light’ (https://us.sagepub.com/en-us/nam/theleadership-odyssey/book250221#contents ) He has also Co-authored an E-book on Data Privacy titled ‘Data Protection & Privacy Implementation – India Perspective’ (https://books.google.co.in/books/about/Data_Protection_and_Privacy_Implementati.html ) He has also been awarded Honory Distinguished Professorship by Sri Sharda Institute of Indian Management – Research in 2018 (SriSIIM, New Delhi) Presently, he is associated as Mentor/Advisor/Director of several companies and also on the Board of Governors of various academic institutions as under –
- Senior Retail Partner – Bajaj Allianze Ltd.
- PrestLoans – Lord Krishna Financial Services Ltd.
- Sri Sharda Institute of Indian Management (SriSIIM, New Delhi)
- Lal Bahadur Institute of Business Management (LBSIM, New Delhi)
- Birla Institute of Management and Technology (BIMTECH, Greater Noida)
- TKW Institute of Banking and Finance, New Delhi
- iTruste- Technology & Financial Consulting Services LLP
- Astrapia Enterprises
- Senior Advisor at Skit (a voice-assisstant chat bot startup)
- Recently started legal advisory post receipt of Bar Council of Delhi membership and associated
- with a law firm SNS Legal and RDNS Financial and Legal Advisory Services LLP
- Life member of ISTD (Indian Society for Training and Development)
- Management Committee member – ISTD, Gurgaon Chapter
- Life member of ICA (Indian Council of Arbitration, New Delhi)